Tuesday, January 30, 2007

DAY 30

We must learn about reflection so that we are not shocked by what we see in others. I do not believe in luck. I believe in responsibility. It is easy for me to say these things sitting in my comfortable life. I'm learning routine can be calming. Sometimes we need life to soothe us while war breaks out in our mind. Things could be better, but fuck, things could be way worse. If the men in my life continue to have a way about them, I will continue to recommend they read "The Razor's Edge." No one is an expert. No one has been where they'll be in a year, a month, an hour or a minute. The beauty of this lies in the realization that we are all heading there together.Collectively. Juntos. My mother shared some insight from the world of a committed writer. She says, "your process is changing, you can't force it. Plus why would you want to be an expert at 26 at the thing you will be doing for the next 40 years." Pumping my breaks. Convincing myself not to quit absolutely everything. I believe that failure is pathetically relative. Where all my God's at? Juntos, juntos, juntos....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home