Monday, March 12, 2007

DAY 71

I squinted and saw you as a gangly young teen. I squinted more and saw you at seven. You are precious to me as you are precious to her then. We've agreed to share. They will carry you swiftly. This is my story. The water is still warm. My fingers are still smooth. And for now this will do. Lights. A memory came to me suddenly. The relation, not immediately apparent. Let me see if I can trace it....my most vivid memories of bathing as a child occured at Mel's house. We would walk down Spruce Street to go to Bill's Drugs. We'd always walk by this large overgrown lot. I wanted to play in it, but I think it belonged to a church. Maybe they were Korean. Codorices. I need to get back to these places. Find the abandoned car in the creek. Find the tunnel under Eunice. And to just now discover a Frank Lloyd Wright house. Maybe our stories couldn't be more disimilar. Maybe that's just picturesque enough to feel mine. The wind is honest with me today. I felt you shining behind me, reminding me that I am shining behind you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home